tkinter and widget placement after resizing

jamieson jamieson74 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:20:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've got a fairly simple GUI that places pmw.EntryFields into a window
starting in the upper left corner.  When the first column is filled
with these widgets I'd like to start a new column and continue
placement, and so on.  It is working now with the grid manager if I
explicitly set the max number of widgets per column, but if I resize
the main window there is wasted space as the number of widgets per
column is fixed.  I'd like to find a design that could change the
number of widgets per column when the window is resized.  Any
suggestions?

i.e. start out with a window like this:

[1][4][7]
[2][5][8]
[3][6][9]

make the main window larger and end up with this:

[1][6]
[2][7]
[3][8]
[4][9]