Multiprocessing + Frozen bug?

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Sat May 2 23:01:55 EDT 2009

In the multiprocessing.forking module, there's:
    def get_command_line():

        if getattr(sys, 'frozen', False):
            return [sys.executable, '--multiprocessing-fork']
        else:
            prog = 'from multiprocessing.forking import main; main()'
            return [_python_exe, '-c', prog, '--multiprocessing-fork']

I think that the test there should be "if not getattr(sys, 'frozen',
False):", because if its not frozen then you want to use the sys.executable
-- but if it is, you want to use the one which has been explicitly set. I
think, at least. I'm not quite sure if I want to report it as a bug yet
because I'm very new to multiprocessing and am doing something very
complicated (a windows service using multiprocessing to start various
processes, each of which start arbitrary thirdparty-non-python subprocesses
themselves) so maybe my understanding is wrong.

Or iiis it not?

--S