Relative Imports, why the hell is it so hard?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:25:40 EDT 2009

On Mar 31, 6:39 pm, Kay Schluehr <kay.schlu... at gmx.net> wrote:

> > > I have still more questions than answers.
>
> > That's obvious.
>
> > Perhaps you should also refrain from making sweeping negative
> > judgments about a system you have more questions than answers about.
>
> > (Feel free to make sweeping negative judgments once you have the
> > answers, though.)
>
> > Carl Banks
>
> Diagnosing a problem means having a detailed cure? Wow, that's
> critical thinking I guess.

A diagnosis commesurate with the understanding you've displayed in
this thread so far would be something like "Python's import system is
too complicated", not "Python's import system is fundamentally
broken".

The latter is not something someone who has more questions than
answers has any grounds to claim.

But, as I said, once you have learned the answers to your questions
and you claim that, it's all good.

Carl Banks