problem with urllib

venkat sanaka venkatsanaka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:10:44 EDT 2009

This was the code i executed.

>>> proxies={'http':'10.1.2.21:9090'}
>>> opener = urllib.request.FancyURLopener(proxies)
>>> f = opener.open("http://www.python.org")

Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("'FancyURLopener' object has no
attribute 'tempcache'",) in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.request.FancyURLopener object at 0x010A40F0>> ignored
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#11>", line 1, in <module>
    f = opener.open("http://www.python.org")
  File "C:\Python30\lib\urllib\request.py", line 1439, in open
    return self.open_unknown_proxy(proxy, fullurl, data)
  File "C:\Python30\lib\urllib\request.py", line 1458, in open_unknown_proxy
    raise IOError('url error', 'invalid proxy for %s' % type, proxy)
IOError: [Errno url error] invalid proxy for http: '10.1.2.21:9090'

I know that url has to be used in proxies list but my proxy address is
10.1.2.21:9090 and it is squid proxy server.

Regards
venkat