Thoughts on language-level configuration support?

David Stanek dstanek at dstanek.com
Tue Mar 31 06:02:01 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:19 AM, jfager <jfager at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Simply having a configuration file" - okay.  What format?  What if
> the end user wants to keep their configuration info in LDAP?  Did the
> library I'm including make the same decisions, or do I have to do some
> contortions to adapt?  Didn't I write basically this  exact same code
> for the last umpteen projects I worked on, just schlepping around
> config objects?

Ah I see your point here. During PyCon I was trying to add the ability
to inject configuration into objects that are constructed by the
snake-guice framework. The code is not yet in the Subversion
repository, but I did brain dump a little documentation[0]. It is
still very much a work in progress.

0. http://code.google.com/p/snake-guice/wiki/InjectingConfiguration

--
David