complaints about no replies last week

pruebauno at latinmail.com pruebauno at latinmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:50:49 EDT 2009

On Mar 28, 11:07 am, Aaron Brady <castiro... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A week ago, I posted a question and an idea about Python's garbage
> collector.  I got a few replies.  Some days later, I posted a mock-up
> implementation of it, and got *NO* replies.  Does this mean:
>
> a) It works
> b) It doesn't work
> c) It's not particularly applicable to Python at that point
> (particularly)
> d) It's not news
>
> Thanks and sincerely.
>
> P.S.  Non-plugging links:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/...http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/...

e) It is a hard or complex problem that requires significant
investment of time on a problem or approach that few people are
interested in at the moment.

f) The description is confusing or incomplete or the source code is
long and difficult to read.

I myself asked about how to write a library to efficiently do union
and intersection of sets containing time intervals some time ago on
this list and got little to no answers. It is a tricky problem. Since
I was getting paid I got an O(n*n) solution working. People on this
list on the other hand do not get paid and answer whatever strikes
their fancy. Sometimes the question is hard or confusing and nobody is
motivated enough to answer.