complaints about no replies last week

Aaron Brady castironpi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 13:12:46 EDT 2009

On Mar 28, 11:41 am, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
> In article <2d80ec1b-5eb5-4e82-9a4a-36934dd53... at z9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
> Aaron Brady  <castiro... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >A week ago, I posted a question and an idea about Python's garbage
> >collector.  I got a few replies.  Some days later, I posted a mock-up
> >implementation of it, and got *NO* replies.  Does this mean:
>
> >a) It works
> >b) It doesn't work
> >c) It's not particularly applicable to Python at that point
> >(particularly)
> >d) It's not news
>
> e) the best place to start these days with actual implementations of
> ideas is the python-ideas list

I'm not convinced I'm altogether welcome there.  I treated that list
as a social list for some time, not discovering its intensity until
after estranging everybody.  Not to mention, I'm not primarily
proposing this idea as an improvement to the reference management;
it's an idea I would probably implement on the side, for an
extension.  I just want to know if it's valid and functional.  Should
I ask about it on comp.programming?  Am I in the right place?  Or, is
my idea sophisticated and relevant enough to test the waters again?

> "At Resolver we've found it useful to short-circuit any doubt and just
> refer to comments in code as 'lies'. :-)"
> --Michael Foord paraphrases Christian Muirhead on python-dev, 2009-3-22

P.S.  No one read your sig or liked it.
P.P.S.  Ok, not bad.