please include python26_d.lib in the installer

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:17:13 EDT 2009

> Please note: I want to build my own code in Debug mode for debugging.
> I don't want to build or use the debug version of Python. I also can't

Python does this on purpose so you don't accidentally mix different
versions of the C runtime library.  This would happen ff you defined
DEBUG in your code but use Python built without DEBUG - Python using a
different name for its lib prevents this.

Note that just shipping the _d.lib wouldn't help - you would need the
_d.dll itself, plus *all* extension modules you use - *all* .pyd/.dll
etc files have the trailing _d, and a debug version of Python refuses to
load the release versions without the _d.

I'd recommend leaving DEBUG etc disbled, but enable debug information
and disable optimizations while debugging.

Cheers,

Mark