Is there a simple soap library for python?

JBW wilson at afn.org
Thu Mar 26 15:36:06 EDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:17:28 +0100, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:

> <link to Pete Lacey's SOAP critique snipped>
>
> There is no such thing as a "simple soap library". Neither for Python,
> nor for any other language.

Thanks for the link.  I had it bookmarked, but last time I tried it, it
was dead.  To me, it pretty accurately describes the current state of
affairs.  SOAP has the stench of Microsoft all over it.

That said, I had modest success on the client side with SUDS:

	https://fedorahosted.org/suds/

Responsive developer added "SOAP with attachments" capability soon after
I complained it was missing.

JBW