Does Python have certificate?

Tim Chase tim at thechases.com
Wed Mar 25 06:09:51 EDT 2009

afriere at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> On Mar 24, 12:50 pm, Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsdu... at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Sebastian Bassi schrieb:
>
>> I'll hand out the "Johannes Bauer Python Certificate of Total
>> Awesomeness" for anyone who can write a hello world in python and hands
>> me $25000 in cash.
>
> $25,000?!  For a certificate?  You must be kidding!  I can buy a
> Doctorate of Divinity (which should get me a jop in an Python shop)
> for less than a tenth of that.  You really need to turn off your spam
> filter for a while to see how low the going price for fake
> qualifications are these days. ;)

But that's how employers will know it's real.  "But I paid $25k
for this Steve Holden Institute of Technology certification --
I'm legitimately Supremely Certified Regarding Every Worthless
Education Degree.  This isn't some cheap internet Certification
of Really Awesome Python skills honorific!"

-tkc