script files with python (instead of tcsh/bash)?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Mar 21 09:47:27 EDT 2009

In article <mailman.2374.1237641982.11746.python-list at python.org>,
Esmail  <ebonak at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am wondering if anyone is using python to write script files?

These days, I always convert any even slightly complicated script to
Python.

>I've looked around the web w/o much luck for some examples but come
>short. Any comments/suggestions?

Not sure what you're looking for here -- many things you'd run an
external program for in scripting can be accomplished with Python library
calls, and for the rest, you can use the subprocess module (or os.system
if you have no acces to Python 2.4 or higher).

"Programming language design is not a rational science. Most reasoning
about it is at best rationalization of gut feelings, and at worst plain
wrong."  --GvR, python-ideas, 2009-3-1