locate items in matrix (index of lists of lists)

Alessandro Zivelonghi zasaconsulting at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:06:36 EDT 2009

this seems to work. Thanks!
Alex

x= 3
indices = [i for i, row in enumerate(mat) if x in row[1:]]

--
Alessandro Zivelonghi Ziller

Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik, Garching, DE
Middle-Age Fusion Engineer
===
http://www.tecnopolis.eu
skype: alexzive
" I'm sure that in 1985 plutonium is available in every corner drug
store, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by"
Dr. D.Brown