[python-list] Re: Strange crash issue on Windows w/ PyGTK, Cairo...

CJ Kucera pez at apocalyptech.com
Fri Mar 20 00:12:13 EDT 2009

CJ Kucera wrote:
> Okay, I've got a reproducible testcase of this available up here:
> http://apocalyptech.com/pygtk-zlib/

Hello, two brief notes here:

1) Someone on the PyGTK list mentioned that I should really be using
StringIO instead of my own hacky attempt at one, in there, and of course
he was right.  Replacing my class with StringIO doesn't result in any
changed behavior, at least, so I can definitely rule out any weirdness
that my own file-like class could have introduced.  I've uploaded a new
version of run.py to the above URL which includes that change.

2) It looks like specifying "bufsize" isn't actually the totally magic
bullet for this.  I had put in that fix to my application, so it was
using bufsize, and things seemed to be working all right, but after four
or five data loads, I got that Windows crash again, regardless.  The fix
does make the application stable enough that I'm not that worried about
it, at least, but it doesn't seem to have totally bypassed whatever bug
I'm running into.

-CJ

--
WOW: Flemmy            |   "Happiness isn't good enough for me!  I
pez at apocalyptech.com   |              demand euphoria!"