python equivalent of java technologies

Tim Hoffman zutesmog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 06:52:48 EDT 2009

Hi

Well zope has quite a few of these out of the box and have been around
for a bit longer than some of the java options.

Specifically persistence (ZODB persistence in zope is pretty much
completely autmomatic)
you can inplement web services with it (xmlrpc out of the box, though
I assume you mean soap)
zope encompasses security/ and authentication and can easily be
integrated with a range of single signon environments.
there are a range of scheduling services in to, but which is most like
quartz I am not sure about.
zope does support distributed transactions, but I not XA , but is
ACID.

In general there are a heap of interfaces for python do different
message queues/buses, take you pick of you favourite platform.

Not sure about reporting that is equivalent to jasper.