Python + PostgreSQL

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Wed Mar 18 02:42:48 EDT 2009

-On [20090318 04:01], Lobo (carlosgalindo at gmail.com) wrote:
>I am wondering whether I can jump directly to Python 3.x (instead of
>using Python 2.6), depending of course on psycopg2 compatibility?.

Might I suggest sticking to 2.6 for now?

The 2.x series is what is now going around as 'stable' in the Python world.
Almost all third-party modules are written for 2.x (typically 2.3 or 2.4 and
higher). 3.0 is very new and the documentation and modules are not just up
to the standard of the 2.x series.

Using 3.0 right now will get you little added benefit at this point in time.

Also, chalk up my preference for SQLAlchemy.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
The thought of a moment is as fleeting as the memory of it intense...