Python + PostgreSQL

Krishnakant hackingkk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:25:46 EDT 2009

hello,

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 09:46 -0700, Lobo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this newsgroup (and new to Python and PostgreSQL). My
> experience (17+ years) has been with Smalltalk (e.g. VAST) and Object
> databases (e.g. Versant, OmniBase).

Welcome to the world of monty pythons,
/\/\/\:

> I now have a new project to develop web applications using the latest/
> best possible versions of Python (3.x?) with PostgreSQL (8.x?, with
> pgAdmin 1.10?).

It is still a better option to go with python 2.x latest releases IMHO.

> I hope to get some hints as of what frameworks/modules to use for this
> specific combination (Python + PostgreSQL)?, should I use django,
> zope, web2py, psycopg module, others?, what are their pros/cons?.

With regards the web apps, zope is the best server I ever saw in my 10
years of II.T curier.

Python-psycopg2 is the most commonly used DBAPI implementations for
postgresql.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.