Get pixel colors from images in Python 3

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:09:25 EDT 2009

> I've noticed that Pygame has some similar implementation.
> It's a little harder to use, but efficient.
>
> And i think it depends on PIL too.
> And Pygame is Python 2.x too...
>
> So, not good.

I'd also like to use PIL with python 3 and was told that PIL's author
mostly frequents the image-sig mailing list. Image-sig is an imaging
related python special interest group:

http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/image-sig/

You can subscribe to their mailing list at

When I asked about it there I was told that some work already has
started on porting PIL to python 3. I'm guessing if you ask again at
least it will be viewed as a +1 vote on the project and that will
probably not hurt :)

Cheers,
Daniel