cross platform accessing paths (windows, linux ...)

Vlastimil Brom vlastimil.brom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 15:54:52 EDT 2009

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Vlastimil Brom <vlastimil.brom at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I'd like to ask for some advice on how to acomplish file access in a
>> cross platform way.

Any hints or comments are much appreciated; thanks in advance!

2009/3/12 Mike Mazurek <mike.mazurek at gmail.com>:
> You might want to look at the path module:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/path.py/2.2
>
> It will probably make your code more readable.

Hi Mike,
thank you for the tip, I didn't know that module.
Actually I was trying to reduce the external dependencies (python and
wxpython only sofar); I'll look into it to see the improvement.
I guess, the need for such module actually seems to confirm, that the
path manipulation can be tricky in some cases ...

Thanks again
   Vlasta