Invalid syntax with print "Hello World"

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Thu Mar 12 13:34:59 EDT 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 07:45:55 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I do not think that is the best way to go about learning Python. Why
> learn an arguably depreciating version when the new version is
> available.

Because it is not only the language that matters, you also need the libraries
to accomplish real-world tasks. As a language, python2 is an impressive one,
and python3 is a great improvement over python2, but python3 still lacks some
of the libraries and framewoks that makes programming in python so extremely
delightful (yes, I like python :D).

I don't consider python2 deprecated (can't be deprecated yet!), and as a
teacher and/or student, I'd recomment to teach/learn python2.5-2.6, keeping
an eye on all those features that are new in python3... and backporting
everything that is possible to backport.

> I agree that there are not many tutorial written for Python
> 3 however there are enough to get going: most of the Python 2
> tutorials are redundant. Sticking to Python 3 tutorials will give him
> a higher signal-to-noise ratio in the tutorials that he finds.

That is true. We need python tutorials aimed at python2.6 :D

--
Luis Zarrabeitia (aka Kyrie)
Fac. de Matemática y Computación, UH.