A Dangling Tk Entry

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 12 00:34:57 EDT 2009

I happened to notice that BJ and Rhondi started a small subthread to this,
so I thought I'd explore it. It led to interesting things, but not for its
content. I reviewed some things. I'll do you the courtesy or wrapping this up.

I'll get straight to the point and be a minimal as possible in my response,
without accusing or implying anyone of anything.

My guess is that the first culprit was here:
    entry = Entry(master, width=10, ...
    entry.insert(0,self.slowdown)   <--- no affect.
The next culprit was this:
    self.anumberVar.set( "%d" % self.sdict["anumber"] )
One must be very careful of what is in "anumber".

That's it. Nothing else.

The changes I've made in the 2000 lines of code work, as I had intended. The
sample code now works as I had intended. (And no, I am not providing it.
This thread doesn't need more explanation.) I can now proceed to eliminate
all the control variables.

You'll have to be satisfied with what I've said. I have no more to say. All
parts of this thread I consider closed.

"Include me out." -- Yogi Berra

--
                                W. eWatson