Ban Xah Lee

Tim Greer tim at burlyhost.com
Mon Mar 9 20:37:27 EDT 2009

Xah Lee wrote:

> Christian <fakem... at xyz.de> wrote:
>
> On Mar 9, 1:22 pm, Christian <fakem... at xyz.de> wrote:
>> XahLeeschrieb:> Of interest:
>>
>> > • Why Can't You Be Normal?
>> >  http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/why_cant_you_be_normal.html
>>
>> IMHO the point that you never reply to responds is what makes it
>> problematic.
>> I have  seen 10 or more threads started by you and in not a single
>> one of those I have seen any sort of second post by you.
>>
>> Also the other thing that makes you appear like a troll is that  the
>> only posts where you are visible on the usenet are your own!
>>
>> Usenet is there for discussion. What you do seems to be mostly doing
>> often highly intelligent monologue  and awaiting comment on it.
>>
>> Its not the purpose of Usenet. Simply calling you a troll is wrong.
>> You are after all better than that. Though I think you are misusing
>> the Usenet. For what you do you should rather write a weblog so
>> people interested in your monologues could follow them in a place
>> where they are by definition on topic.
>>
>> Christian
>
> In the article you quoted:
>  http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/........ugh

Apparently my usenet filter is broken.

> contains this passage:
>
> «
> »
>
> if you didn't start your message with “IMHO”, which indicated to me
> that at least you are sincere, i would not have replied. (no offense
> intended)  Btw, i'm not some kind of saint. You (guys) do whatever
> chatty style you want, i write or choose to reply in my abstruse &
> ascetic manners. Just don't accuse when my style is not compatible
> your drivels. (insult intentional)

Actually, people take issue with you posting to groups that hold no
relevance to your posts, especially when you post about your personal
issues and problems that don't relate to any single group.

> I have written quite a lot on netiquette issues in the past decade.

But you don't follow them?

> You can find many answers about my reasons or posting behavior here:
>
> • Netiquette Anthropology
>   http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/troll.html

I don't care for your reasons or behavior, but that you've been
repeatedly asked not to post your feelings about LISP in the Python,
Perl, and Ruby groups.

> Recently i started a blog that is collection of my online posts.

So, use that instead of posting to random, off topic groups on usenet.

> If
> you need to talk about me, feel free to comment there.

You post here, I reply to you here.

> I am more
> likely to reply there for questions pertaining just me. The url is
> here:

Irrevant to your posting here without relevance.  I have no desire to
talk to you and say anything else.  So, can you stop cross posting to
the same 5 groups every time you post something, unless it's actually
relevant to the group?

> If anyone likes me to give answers particular to this thread, or
> desire me to reply to all the messages directed to me in this thread,
> i'll be more than happy to do so.

Just please stop posting to groups that hold no relevance, as if they
are your personal blog.  Usenet is not a blog.

> Also, thanks to many supporters over the past years.

I'm sure.

> Truly Your Superior,

I'd think anyone superior to me would understand how to use usenet
properly.

I'm being genuine and sincere, when I say that I'd like to ask that you
stop cross posting to irrelevant groups.  Thanks for your
consideration.

and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.