Which Lisp to Learn?

Tim Greer tim at burlyhost.com
Mon Mar 9 16:34:10 EDT 2009

Michael Austin wrote:

> Arne Vajhøj wrote:
>> Xah Lee wrote:
>>> For those of you imperative programers who kept on hearing about
>>> lisp and is tempted to learn, then, ...
>>
>> You:
>> * consider yourself unfairly treated by various communities
>> * post a long drivel about various Lisp flavors to newsgroups
>>   that are not in any way Lisp related
>> ?
>>
>> There seems to be a disconnect somewhere.
>>
>> Arne
>
> Hey Arne - like he even knows what LISP is... ;)

I've not paid any attention to most of his posts, but I'd sure like to
know what crazy thing this guy is taking to believe that a his personal
feelings and post about lisp has any relation to groups I see this
nonsense in.  So, I'm not shocked to learn people question his lisp
skills anyway (he sure doesn't seem to know much about Perl or Python
and he posts a lisp post to these groups?  Sounds like he indeed
doesn't know what LISP is).
and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.