last and final attempt to search for python ods library.

JanC usenet at janc.invalid
Sun Mar 8 18:02:23 EDT 2009

Krishnakant wrote:

> This is my last attempt to search for a nice python library for creating
> open document spreadsheet.
>
> I tryed python-ooolib but did not find a few features like merging cells
> (may be I am missing out some thing stupid ).

You could add that feature to python-ooolib.

> I have asked for some help before on this topic but seems there is no
> such library in python.
>
> Pritty strange that python can't do this much.

"Python" can do it.  (Maybe nobody using & programming the libraries that
you tried ever needed it, so they didn't implement it, but that's something
different.)

> So please tell me if any one knows of a good solution for my problem
> else I am forced to give up python for my task.

You could use python-uno (it's included with OOo by default, and should be
able to do everything OOo can do.)

--
JanC