Is there a better way of doing this?

Tim Wintle tim.wintle at teamrubber.com
Sun Mar 8 03:02:59 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 15:49 +1100, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> If the environmental costs of recycling something are worse than the
> environmental costs of throwing it away and making a new one, then
> recycling that object is actually harmful. But I digress.

Unless you live in a country that imports most of these goods, in which
case by recycling you keep money in the economy rather than buying goods
from elsewhere - it's never mentioned, but I'm fairly certain that's one
of the main reasons that the UK government loves forcing us to recycle
so much.

(obviously doesn't change how "environmentally harmful" something is)

Tim Wintle