ANN: Dao, the official 1.0 version is released

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 6 17:18:06 EST 2009

>> This is to announce the first official release of Dao.
>>
>> Dao is a simple yet powerful object-oriented programming language
>
> So, you pimp your language in news groups for other languages?  I see
> your off topic post in 3 language groups I frequent, that's not the way
> to get interest in your language.

Why this hostility? The guy has worked on an interesting piece of
software and tries to promote it to people who are most probably
interested in programming languages. What's wrong with that? Some
people occasionally ask general computer/linux/IT/etc questions simply
because they think that the probability of finding somebody among
python list followers who knows the answer (and is willing to share
his/her knowledge) is high and since the topic is
computer/linux/IT/etc it's not super far from things which are
explicitly on topic.

No need for any hatred or hostility towards people who write a new
programming language, I bet many people on this list are interested in
this kind of stuff.

Cheers,
Daniel