Asking for prophecy

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Fri Mar 6 14:23:06 EST 2009

3 and 2.6 are compatible.  so develop on 3, to make sure you don't use old
junk, and then switch to 2.6 if you need to.  there are a few wrinkles in
doing so, but it is not a big problem.

3.0 is a nicer language.  it's cleaner and more consistent.  i think
important libraries will move there.  no-one wants to do a perl.  it's the
likely future and you can always jump back to 2.6 if needed.

and in the long term, we will all die.

andrew