Packaging modules with Bundlebuilder

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:55:16 EST 2009

On Mar 4, 12:52 am, DLitgo <ssj4_d... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm curious about creating .app files for the mac using bundlebuilder
> (or py2app or even py2exe). I'm just about done creating a GUI for a
> little set of scripts which basically perform batch image editing.
>
> If I send this app to friends and family will they be able to use it?
> Or would they have to download PIL (which the app uses). I guess what
> I'm asking, does PIL get bundled into the app? I obviously wouldn't
> want them to have to download anything as that would be embarrassing
> to me :D

I'm pretty sure that PIL will get bundled in if you use py2app. I know
py2exe bundles everything needed for Windows binaries. I actually use
GUI2Exe to bundle my applications. It's a nice GUI to py2exe, py2app
and several other packagers. You can get it here: http://code.google.com/p/gui2exe/

Note that I do not have a Mac and thus, have not used py2app...see
their docs for complete info.

Mike