Python AppStore / Marketplace

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Tue Mar 3 19:10:58 EST 2009

Hi all,

I only just noticed this thread... :-(

At the moment, I am working on a Python Package Manager project on
Sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonpkgmgr/

Firstly, I would welcome any developers who are willing to assist.

Secondly, I think there is much work to be done with python and it's
handling
of packages. To me it seems to need a great deal of streamlining. But I am
working mainly on windows.. and i know it is really easy with ubuntu and
so forth because the os seems to do the job really well.

>> The client (there should be one for every supported platform) is a
>> front-end application for the (PSF-) hosted "super-cheeseshop", which
>> end-users are not expected to access directly.
>>

>> Is my nirvana really that far away? ;-)

That's kindof what we're working on...

David