Python parser

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Mon Mar 2 19:46:48 EST 2009

Clarendon wrote:
[...]
> I need to parse a large amount of texts collected from the web (around
> a couple hundred sentences at a time) very quickly, so I need a parser
> with a broad scope of grammar, enough to cover all these texts. This
> is what I mean by 'random'.

so the most important things are that (1) the grammar be as large as
possible and (2) the parser be as fast as possible.  for something that
specific i would suggest you start by looking at what solutions exist for
*any* programming language and then choosing from what you find.

in short: you should be asking "natural language parsing people" and not
"python people".

sorry i can't be more help,
andrew