Performance of Python 3

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Mar 1 09:20:52 EST 2009

Kless wrote:
> Does anybody has seen the performance of Python 3?
> Respect to speed it's the last language together to Ruby 1.8, but Ruby
> 1.9 has a lot of better performance. :(

I'm not sure what you think the speed of Ruby has to do with Python.
Unless, of course, you are simply trying to foment dischord.

Python 3.0 has a couple of performance issues, mostly the io subsystem.
The 3.1 release will address the most significant issues.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119