cannot execute binary file (Python 3.0.1)

cf29 charly.founes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 04:16:36 EST 2009

On Mar 1, 11:14 am, Chris Rebert <c... at rebertia.com> wrote:
> Detailing exactly how you upgraded Python would help immensely.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Thanks for your answer.
I installed the package in python-3.0.1-macosx2009-02-14.dmg
(downloaded from http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.0.1/) and
runed the Update Shell Profile.command situated in the Python 3.0
folder.

If I type python in the Terminal, it says: Python 3.0.1 (r301:69597,
Feb 14 2009, 19:03:52). So it seems that it is working properly.
If I use the Terminal and type: python myfile.py, it works as
expected.
The issue is when I want to run py file either with Python
Launcher.app or directly from BBEdit (the text editor i use). I get
the "cannot execute binary file" error.

In /usr/local/bin/ the python symbolic link is connected to Python v3

Charly http://cf29.com/