please include python26_d.lib in the installer

Compie johanc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 04:48:05 EDT 2009

I get this linker error
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python26_d.lib'
when I build the debug version of my Visual Studio project.

This is caused by the following lines in the file c:\Python26\include
\pyconfig.h
#			ifdef _DEBUG
#				pragma comment(lib,"python26_d.lib")
#			else
#				pragma comment(lib,"python26.lib")
#			endif /* _DEBUG */

The file python26_d.lib is not installed by the Python installer on
Windows.

So please:
1. Provide python26_d.lib in the installer.
or
2. Remove this automatic "pragma comment lib" from pyconfig.h, since I
can't disable it from the outside (as far as I know).

Please note: I want to build my own code in Debug mode for debugging.
I don't want to build or use the debug version of Python. I also can't
#undef _DEBUG, since the file that includes pyconfig.h (via Python.h)
is generated by SWIG. Also I prefer not to change pyconfig.h myself,
since my code needs to compile on a lot of different machines.