imported module scitools not recognized

mgdevos mgdevos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:42:19 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have installed the scitools module but modules included in scitools,
for example numpyutils, are not recognized.
Python is able to import scitools, and scitools is recognized in my
editor (Pydev for Eclipse 1.4.4) as autocompletion works well.
However, when I try to run a test script:

import scitools
print "Sequence is: ",scitools.numpyutils.seq(0,10,1)

I get an error: "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'numpyutils'"

I assume that installation of scitools ( version 0.4 using the windows
installer) was succesful as scitools is added to my python libs: D:
\Programs\python_enthought2.5.2001\Lib\site-packages\scitools
I added the path to scitools to my pthonpath and even added all three
modules to forced-builtins, but still I get the same error message.

Could you please help me solving this problem?

Martine