fft of a dat file?

Soumen banerjee soumen08 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 01:56:00 EDT 2009

Hello,
I'm kind of new to python and i wanted to do a little project, make a
frequency plot of some wav audio. I have been following this webpage
http://www.acronymchile.com/sigproc.html and have got to the making of
a dat file containing the samples and time of sampling. The question
here is how do i use FFT.fft to actually take an fft of this dat file
since the first two lines are useless and also we have a \r\n after
every sample. Also i would like some explanation on what FFT.fft
expects as input. Does it expect the sampling times also or only the
sampling values?
Regards
Soumen