setting directory mod date

jyoung79 at kc.rr.com jyoung79 at kc.rr.com
Tue Mar 24 16:48:57 EDT 2009

I've got some Python code (2.5.1) that's compressing folders
on a Windows machine.  When the directories get
compressed, their modification date changes.  Is it possible
to grab the modification date of the folder before it's
compressed, and then set it's modification date back to it's
original state after it's compressed?  I've been reading
different articles on-line about this, but nothing looks very
promising.  I haven't tested os.utime() or win32file since
others have said these won't work correctly with folders on
Windows XP.

Thanks.

Jay