distutils compiler flags for extension modules

Christian Meesters meesters at gmx.de
Fri Mar 20 05:48:53 EDT 2009

Hoi,

as I got no answers with the previous question (subject: disabling
compiler flags in distutils), I thought I should ask the question in a
different way: Is there an option to set the compiler flags for a C/C++
extension in distutils? There is the extra_compile_args-option in the
Extension class, yet this offers only to give additional flags, but I'd
like to have 'total' control about the compile args. Any hint?

Thanks
Christian