Library for generating indicators and graphs for weather stations

Joel Koltner zapwireDASHgroups at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 13:58:58 EDT 2009

Hello,

Could someone suggest a Python library for generating the indicators and
graphs that "weather station software" typically produces, e.g., similar to
those seen here: http://www.weather-display.com/wdfull.html ... and here:
http://www.weather-display.com/index.php ?  I did stumble across the IaGraph
package (http://www.johnny-lin.com/py_pkgs/IaGraph/Doc/index.html) -- which
was even developed by a guy doing climate analysis -- but that package was
designed for graphing results and hence doesn't solve the "current [wind
speed/direction/etc.] indicator" problem.

My goal here is to have my weather station upload its raw data to a commercial
web server and then have a CGI Python script generate the actual web page to
display that data.  (Actually, my short-term goal is to just write a few
Python scripts that feed the data to Weather Underground as this is much
easier to do and WU alround makes nice graphs, but long term generating my own
custom web pages would be fun...)  But in any case, the idea is that I could
feed some lists of data to a graphing widget or somesuch and be able to spit
out PNGs or GIFs of the results for ready reference from an HTML file.

Thank you,
---Joel