Pycon Spam

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Mon Mar 16 16:22:34 EDT 2009

Has anyone else received spam (unsolicited email) about PyCon 2009?

I've just got an email from "Roy Hyunjin Han" <... at columbia.edu> and as
far as I can tell it's not associated with any list I've subscribed to.
If it is spam I'm guessing the from address is fake (why would someone I
don't know send me an impersonal notice at Pycon?).  But on the other
hand, why would anyone spam about Pycon anyway?

Hmmm.  At the end of the email are two links to job sites ventureloop and
startuply.  Are they responsible for the spam?

Anyway - anyone else got this?

It starts:

  This year's Python Conference is in Chicago and will feature
  topics ranging from web development and scientific computing

Andrew