Minimilistic Python on Linux?

Royce Wilson rww993 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:09:51 EDT 2009

I'm working on a minimilistic linux project and would like to include
Python. However, since Python is around 17MB (compressed) and previous
releases of this linux distro are under 100MB (compressed)  standard Python
releases are much to large. I just need the runtime libs of Python, the
absoulute bare necesties. I do not need any kind of GUI. Also, with the
standard library, I would like to remove all the files execpt the
ones Python needs to run and only add new ones as required.

What can I strip off Python? Thanks.