calling class methods from class methods, help?

Oltmans rolf.oltmans at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:08:34 EDT 2009

I've a multithreaded program in which I've to call class methods from
class methods. Here is how my code look like (excluding imports),. Any
help is highly appreciated.

#!/usr/bin/env python
class Requests(Thread):

    def __init__(self, times):
        Thread.__init__(self)
        self.times=times
        self.name=''
    def run(self):

        sites=['example.com','example1.com']
        for i in range(0,self.times):
            for site in sites:
                self.name = site
                self.html=SendRequest() # This line throws an error

    def SendRequest(self): #A class method
        # it sends a request to website using mechanize library

def startThis(times,reqs):

    threads=[]
    for i in range (0,reqs):
        owner=Requests(times)
        owner.start()
        threads.append(owner)

    for thread in threads:
        thread.join()

if __name__=="__main__":
    #I want to create 2 threads, each of them will execute twice. At
least that is the intention.
    startThis(2,2)