ipython / vs \ in readline on MS Windows (and ipython help grepper)

bdb112 boyd.blackwell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:34:15 EDT 2009

Q1/ I run a standard python ditribution with ipython and readline
under cygwin.  The tab filename completion works fine in the OS (bash
shell) as expected, and tab filename completion at the ipython command
line works, but with MS style path separators (backslash: run examples
\test.py) which the run command itself interprets unix style
ERROR: File `examplestest.py` not found.

Also Q2/ can I "less" or "grep" the output from help(my_fun)

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)]