easy_install with MySQL-python

Ske calypso-blue at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:44:50 EST 2009

Let me apologise in advance if I’m missing something obvious, I’m still very
new to this!

I’m attempting to install MySQL-python in Python2.6 on Windows. On running
"easy_install MySQL-python" I get a "The system cannot find the file
specified" message. Full output is below:

Searching for MySQL-python
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/MySQL-python/
Reading http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python
Reading http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/
Best match: MySQL-python 1.2.3b1
Downloading
http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mysql-python/MySQL-python
-1.2.3b1.tar.gz
Processing MySQL-python-1.2.3b1.tar.gz
Running MySQL-python-1.2.3b1\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
c:\docume~1\michae
~1\locals~1\temp\easy_install-bmrwgu\MySQL-python-1.2.3b1\egg-dist-tmp-_uhixz
error: The system cannot find the file specified

I've really no idea how to solve this, and searches turn up nothing of help.
Any ideas?
Thanks!