packaging apps

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Tue Jun 30 22:12:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:11:15 -0400, Ronn Ross <ronn.ross at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a simple application that has a glade file and a .py file. How
would
> I package that into an installer for Windows, Mac, and a deb file? Can
> anyone point me in the right direction?

I don't think there is a simple way to do that just yet...

Of course, you could make a source distribution and do it for
each of these platforms using the documentation available at:

 http://docs.python.org/distutils/

I'm struggling with that myself.. I can never remember command lines..

So maybe it is time that I try to throw together a tool a little
bit like the package manager except that it does the building..

for all those platforms...

I think it's time for distutils to have some sort of gui build
tool... and I've been talking about it for too long now... haha

David