Python Imaging Library download link broken?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Jun 30 00:23:57 EDT 2009

peter <peter.mosley at talk21.com> wrote:

>Just got a new computer and I'm trying to download my favourite
>applications.  All's well until I get to PIL, and here pythonware and
>effbot both return a 502 Proxy error.
>
>Is this just a temporary glitch, or something more serious?  And if
>it's the latter, is there any alternative source?

Surprisingly, this appears to have been caused by the death of Michael
Jackson.  The burden of people sending messages, downloading videos, buying
albums, etc., has crippled the Internet worldwide.

AT&T reported at its peak that there were more than 60,000 text messages
PER SECOND being sent regarding Jackson.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.