pep 8 constants

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Jun 29 14:25:11 EDT 2009

Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> yup  how long will i[t] be before you become disablesd?  maybe not as badly as I am
> but you should start feeling some hand problems in your later 40's to early 50's
> and it goes down hill from there.  self preservation/interest comes to mind as a
> possible motive for action.  I thought 15 years would be enough for somebody
> else to push the isssue but no.  if it is going to be, it has to be me.

For anyone who is still able to use their hands for typing, especially
if you're beginning to encounter the painful wrists, consider switching
to a Dvorak layout.  It was a system I was curious about even before I
needed it, and when I did need it I was able to create the layout in
assembler (now, of course, it's widely available as a standard keyboard
layout).  I started noticing the pain in my late twenties (aggravated,
I'm sure, by arthritis), but with switching to Dvorak the pain left and
has only very rarely been noticable again.  It will mostly likely be a
challenge to switch, but well worth it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard

~Ethan~