pep 8 constants

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 04:58:42 EDT 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:07:19 +0100, Eric S. Johansson <esj at harvee.org>
wrote:

> Rhodri James wrote:
>
>> Reject away, but I'm afraid you've still got some work to do to
>> convince me that PEP 8 is more work for an SR system than any other
>> convention.

[snip sundry examples]

Yes, yes, recognition systems need both training and a careful selection
of words to recognise to be effective.  This I learned twenty years ago:
if "cap" has a high failure rate, use something else.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that you are even vaguely suggesting
for convention use is underscores_with_everything.  As promised, I laugh
hollowly.