[RELEASED] Python 3.1 final

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 11:45:51 EDT 2009

2009/6/28 "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:
>> However, sys.std{in,out,err} are still created as text streams, and AFAICT
>> there's nothing you can do about this from within your code.
>
> That's intentional, and not going to change. You can access the
> underlying byte streams if you want to, as you could already in 3.0.

I had a quick look at the documentation, and couldn't see how to do
this. It's the first time I'd read the new IO module documentation, so
I probably missed something obvious. Could you explain how I get the
byte stream underlying sys.stdin? (That should give me enough to find
what I was misunderstanding in the docs).

Thanks,
Paul.