Advantages of Python (for web/desktop apps)?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Jun 28 09:45:08 EDT 2009

iceangel89 wrote:
> i am mainly a PHP (mainly using Zend Framework MVC now) Web Developer. used
> .NET (VB & C#) for Desktop apps. i nv used Python and am looking at Python
> now (for desktop apps since its open source and just want to try what it
> offers, but will like to know what good it has for web development also)
>
> somethings i am curious abt (that came to my mind) now are:

gvn ur pnchnt 4 illgble shrthnd, u mgt prefr perl ovr pythn.  or
prhps u wnt asmbly lang.  XOR EAX, EAX; MOV [EAX], EAX

> - performance

More than sufficient for my needs (scripting, web apps, most GUI
apps) -- you can always drop to optimized C/C++ functions/modules
if needed or use custom modules like numpy/numeric/etc for
processor-intense work.

> - ide to use?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=python+ide

I use vim.  Others use emacs.  Some use Eclipse.  Some use
WingIDE.  Etc, etc, etc.  Try 'em each and see what you like

> - how do i design GUI for windows app?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=python+gui

Lots of options -- choose the one you like.

-tkc