Beginning with Python; the right choice?

sato.photo at gmail.com sato.photo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 05:57:56 EDT 2009

Thank you for all of the links and advice.

What do I want to learn Python for?

Again, pardon me for my lack of relevant information.  I am also a
journalist (an out of work one at the moment, like so many others) and
I feel that learning python could be useful for computer assisted
reporting, that is, utilizing databases, creating interactive maps and
the like.

http://chicago.everyblock.com/crime/

I also am fond of the Ellington Content Management System, made using
django, which, if I am not mistaken, is related to
Python...in...some...way..lol.  I'll figure it out?  Any additional
advice now that you know what I want to learn and why would be greatly
appreciated.

Oh and, if you need a photographer, www.danielsato.com!

thanks again!

-daniel