naming packages for pypi

Aljosa Mohorovic aljosa.mohorovic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:05:01 EDT 2009

On Jun 26, 11:15 am, Carl Banks <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your post seems to suggest some conflating of these concepts so you
> need to make it clear what you really mean.

my example:
when creating website example.com (django project) it contains
multiple django apps which i package separately.
most of websites have news, about, contact so i would create 3
packages news, about and contact and add them to pypi.example.com
(private pypi for my company).
same thing happens for site example2.com, example3.com so finally i
have something like:
example.com-news # news package for project/site example.com
example2.com-news # news package for project/site example2.com
example3.com-news # news package for project/site example3.com

i'm trying to find a better way, currently it looks to me like
packaging system is missing namespaces/categories or something similar
but i'm guessing it's only that i don't know how to do it properly.
that's why i'm asking so please suggest a proper way for me to do it.

Aljosa Mohorovic